Waiting, watching, hoping....
Now that I'm working four days, I'd hoped to use my 3-day weekend for long nights of observing. But Friday was pretty hazy... I feel gypped. I'd spent part of the day looking at the Huygens pictures of Titan's surface oline, so naturally I had to at least look at Saturn. The seeing was terrible; it was really unsettled, but I think I did catch a glimpse of the Cassini division a few times. The only moon that was obvious was Titan. Asteroid 8 Flora was supposed to be apparent in the same wide-field view at about mag 8, but without being able to watch movement over hours I couldn't be sure which dim "star" it was.
Saturday was rainy, but there are cloudbreaks tonight. I have the scope out cooling, just in case....
Saturday was rainy, but there are cloudbreaks tonight. I have the scope out cooling, just in case....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home